Wireframe — Issue 57
Night School Studio gives us an exclusive inside look at 2022’s most anticipated indie sequel, OXENFREE II: Lost Signals. Then, in a coin-op special, we discover the highs and lows of running a modern amusement arcade, and provide a run-down of the games that simply have to be enjoyed in their original, chipboard cabinet form.
Elsewhere, we meet the fans who’ve kept Sonic the Hedgehog’s spirit alive with their own, unofficial releases, and find out exactly why black history is so rarely depicted in video game westerns.
In our Toolbox section, we’ll show you how to make a Rainbow Islands-style platformer in our in-depth guide, and share some essential tips for ensuring your video game crowdfunding campaign is a roaring success.
- Get in the sea with Silt – one of next year’s most beautiful adventure games
- The makers of Hexagroove are back with the rhythm-based puzzler, Backbeat
- A guide to using snippets of lore to heighten your game project’s storytelling
- Recreate Lords of Midnight’s landscape engine in this month’s Source Code
12 month recurring subscription
- Up to 49% cheaper than newsstand
- Receive 26 issues
- Free delivery to your door
- Available worldwide
Free PDF Edition
- Delivered to your inbox
- Optimised for screens
- Clickable web links
- Occasional news updates
Apple App Store
- Free to download & issue 1 free
- The best mobile reading experience
- Read news straight from the app
- Buy issues or subscribe from £1.99