Wireframe — Issue 66
Happy Volcano introduces its innovative, chaotic arcade racer, You Suck At Parking. We chart the continued impact of the PlayStation classic, WipEout, and meet the studios behind a new generation of FMV games.
Elsewhere, we find out how developers break the fourth wall to surprise and perplex their players, and catch up with industry veteran Gary Penn to cover a career that has taken in games journalism, Grand Theft Auto, Crackdown, Autonauts, and lots more besides.
Over in our Toolbox section, there’s our guide to making your very own multiplayer arcade racer in Unreal Engine, and a detailed breakdown of the environmental design in the PlayStation 2 gem, Ico.
- Firaxis chats about its ambitious tactical RPG, Marvel’s Midnight Suns
- Mr Biffo goes back in time to uncover the very first racing game
- Meet the solo developer who made his own JAMMA arcade board
- Make an homage to Nintendo’s Excitebike in this month’s Source Code
12 month recurring subscription
- Up to 49% cheaper than newsstand
- Receive 26 issues
- Free delivery to your door
- Available worldwide
Free PDF Edition
- Delivered to your inbox
- Optimised for screens
- Clickable web links
- Occasional news updates
Apple App Store
- Free to download & issue 1 free
- The best mobile reading experience
- Read news straight from the app
- Buy issues or subscribe from £1.99