Wireframe — Issue 60
Kicking off a cosy-themed special, indie developer Rendlike introduces the vulpine sci-fi adventure, FixFox, while Merge Games gives us the inside story of Smalland, its whimsical take on the survival sandbox genre.
Elsewhere, we explore the past, present and future of warm, wholesome game experiences, and uncover the tricky art of translating toys to video games.
In our Toolbox section, you’ll find a guide to making satisfyingly choppable, destructible objects in Unreal Engine 4, plus a masterclass in building better 3D maps for your games.
- Richard Jacques, the composer behind Mass Effect and more, profiled
- Charting the rise and gradual decline of the trade-in games market
- Design a fantasy settlement with our paper-and-dice city generator
- Code your own time-rewinding homage to the indie darling, Braid
12 month recurring subscription
- Up to 49% cheaper than newsstand
- Receive 26 issues
- Free delivery to your door
- Available worldwide
Free PDF Edition
- Delivered to your inbox
- Optimised for screens
- Clickable web links
- Occasional news updates
Apple App Store
- Free to download & issue 1 free
- The best mobile reading experience
- Read news straight from the app
- Buy issues or subscribe from £1.99