Wireframe — Issue 53
Developer Fabraz and publisher Playtonic Friends introduce their 3D platformer with attitude, Demon Turf. Continuing the theme, we take a whistle-stop tour of the 3D platformer’s rise, fall and welcome return, while Shedworks gives us an update on its free-roaming explore-‘em-up, Sable.
Elsewhere, we take a look at the indie games that put photography at the centre of their experiences, and take a look back at the forgotten Italian game studios that released worldwide hits in the 1980s and 1990s.
In our Toolbox section, we have an in-depth guide to making your own block-building sandbox in the style of Minecraft’s Creative Mode. Or, if you fancy something more fast-paced, we’ll also show you how to make your own side-scrolling, bullet hell shooter.
- More than a Thief clone: looking ahead to the tense stealth-‘em-up, Gloomwood
- Clover Bite gives us a tour of its darkly surreal 2D brawler, GRIME
- Crystal Story: the 2D Zelda-like designed by just one ambitious developer
- A look back at Hudson Soft, the Japanese firm that gave us Bomberman and more
12 month recurring subscription
- Up to 49% cheaper than newsstand
- Receive 26 issues
- Free delivery to your door
- Available worldwide
Free PDF Edition
- Delivered to your inbox
- Optimised for screens
- Clickable web links
- Occasional news updates
Apple App Store
- Free to download & issue 1 free
- The best mobile reading experience
- Read news straight from the app
- Buy issues or subscribe from £1.99